Lost Sock Creations

Lost Sock Creations
what it's all about...

Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Comic Strip Dreams...

I have been in love with the art of comics since 2nd grade. It was one of my very first passions. I remember in 2nd grade, I had a friend that was also an artist that lived in my neighborhood. I would ride my bike over to his house and we would work together on ideas we had for a comic. We always hoped to one day make it into the newspaper. We never got too far with trying though, but the dreams remained alive till this very day. I told this story and dream of mine to my kids at school. Then one student just asked... "Did you ever try to get it in?".... I just kinda stood there blank faced and foolish... and said, "No, maybe I should."
So, until I get a comic of my own officially published, I try to encourage my students at school to hope the same as I did.
So, after doing comics with kids for 8 years now, I think it is about time I launch some dreams. So, I decided to contact our local newspaper and just ask. I wanted to see if they would be interested in posting one of the kid's comics in the news. I asked, and my request was granted! Yeahhh! If you never try and ask, you will never know.
       Here are two of my many finished comics I created. I posted these two specifically because they are about the story of the Lost Sock...
Rocky Sox by Me, Tabitha Seaton

Original Lost Sock comic strip
(even before the book)

These comics below are ones of students that I have taught this year or in past years.
They are the best of the best...
http://classroom.mineolaisd.net/webs/seatont/comic_strips.htm
Ashton's comic, Takin' Dimes, Fighting Crimes was published in our local news this summer!


Andy's J.I.M. (Just and Invisible Man) will be published in the news this summer...


Jovani's Fascinating Furry will also be published in the news this summer.


7th grader

7th grader

7th grader

7th grader

7th grader

8th grader

8th grader

8th grader

8th grader

6th grader

6th grader

6th grader

see more at
http://classroom.mineolaisd.net/webs/seatont/comic_strips.htm